Recommended Vendors Submittal
This page contains information about vendors that are personally recommended by someone in Dixie Springs. Ads or information cannot be submitted directly from the vendors.
If you have had good service from a store, contractor or any company, write a paragraph describing your experience with the vendor. Include information about how to contact the vendor. Include your name and lot number. Email the information to Webmaster
- I just had an awesome experience with a licensed electrician (Gary Empey). I needed to resolve an issue with one of my smoke detectors. It beeped every 30 seconds and no matter what I did, replacing the battery (twice thinking the first battery was bad) and turning power off to reset the unit did not the annoying chirping/beeping. I definitely needed professional help, but it was Thursday evening when all business were closed. So, it was a sleepless night hearing the detector alarm with my bedroom door closed. Friday morning, I’m frantically searching for someone to help me knowing its near the weekend and worried about people schedules were already booked.
- If you search online for smoke detector repairs, they are normally businesses that work with commercial clients. Luckily I had a referral to GE (Gary Empey) Electric. When I reached out to Gary, he initially tried to give me instructions to reset the detector which did not help since it was the unit itself. Gary was able to squeeze me into his schedule. Hallelujah, not another sleepless night. Gary informed me that the smoke detectors in my home were probably rated for 5 years and it just happened to coincide with when I had my home built. He recommended a unit that is rated for 10 years and no annual battery replacement required. It seems a no brainer for me and I had all my detectors replaced. Gary initially gave me a time estimate of when he would arrive, he followed up when he was headed to my home. I feel the cost for labor and parts were very reasonable.
- The job was quick, clean, and professionally done and I would not hesitate to use his services again.
- Licensed Electrician Gary Empey, 435-632-7354, email@example.com
Shout out to Dr Allen Bice and his awesome team at Desert Vet for their compassion and caring, but especially for their knowledge! I couldn't figure out why my dog wouldn't eat, but after he had 7 teeth removed, he's like a new dog! Thanks!
Keri Benson of Dixie Springs has finally given me the kind of haircut I have sought after for years! She is cute, funny, caring, and very skilled and professional! So glad I found her! Highly recommended! Text her: 801-866-6450
Recently used Jill Almquist of Almquist Testing to test 15 backflow preventers in Dixie Springs.
Jill is on the list of verified testers for the city of Hurricane. She gave a group discount.
Her regular fee is 40.00 each (still very reasonable) and charged 30.00 for (each of) the group.
She leaves a copy of the test report for the residence and tags the valve (for successful test).
Almquist Testing, Jill Almquist
(435) 680-9853, Email: Jill Almquist
Cut Above the Rest Yard Care has been mowing my lawn and they do an excellent job. They are very professional, motivated and have made our lawn look very beautiful. Highly recommend them.
We had a great job done on our 40' motorhome. We needed the rock guard on the front replaced. Colby Wright from Clearbra in St George came to the house and did a fantastic job right here. It looks great and anybody is welcome to stop by and look at it. If you need yours done and want it done right, contact Colby at 435-673-9471.
We recommend Dig-It Landscaping, LLC., Chans Hendry, 435-574-8945.
Very easy to work with. Did exactly what we asked for plus he had wonderful suggestions. Reasonably priced, showed up everyday and is great in communication.
Dig It Landscaping
Vicky Whitney at Landscape Design. 435-680-1455. 25 year owner and Designer for Whitney Garden Landscape. She is outstanding !!!!
Insight Window Cleaning. They did a great job cleaning the inside and outside of my windows, including the sun screens. Prices were very reasonable. Prompt and polite. 801-893-2228. Insight Window Cleaning
Deb Saunders. Pet care. Was lifelong educator, now 5+ years experience in animal care. She is truly an animal lover, Deb knew more about taking care of my puppy than I did. Extremely dependable. I felt secure enough to give her a set of keys to my house while I was away. I found her because several other people I know gave high recommendations. (435) 817-3912. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hairdresser. There is a hairdresser that has a shop at her house in Dixie Springs. She does a great job. Patty Jo Schiffman, 435-757-6641.
Recently I had my large metal gate redone by Gate Solutions, Inc. They did a great and thorough job. I would recommend them to anyone who needs some metal work done. Gate Solutions, Inc., John Merrihew, owner, 1503 E. Midway St., Washington, UT 84780
I finally found an appliance repair man that I can trust, is super knowledgeable and cheap!! Mark Latham 435 215 5644
If anyone in our Dixie Springs area needs a pool, we had a great experience with Oasis Pools (Matt Snow). He completed it even earlier than he quoted us, was fair on price, was great to work with and he never once came back and changed the price or amount of work that needed to be done. Very happy with him and his crew. His phone number in St. George area is 435-668-3464.
Paul Purser with Cedar Hollow Landscaping. (435) 467-2862. If anyone is looking for a landscaper I would highly recommend Paul Purser with Cedar Hollow Landscaping. He has a great team and they do a fantastic job. He specializes in water features and is very creative. The quality of his work is superior and completes the job on schedule.
We had our windows cleaned by Pro Window Cleaning. They were running a few minutes behind schedule and called 5 minutes before they were scheduled to be here to let us know they would be 15 minutes late. While I was happy to get the call, I am really impressed how clean our windows are. They have never looked this good. The owner John Stuart is very professional and skilled at what he does. Pro Windows phone number is 435-817-5269.
We have used High Desert Lawn Care for our lawn aeration needs for many years, and they have always a great job. We would highly recommend them. You can call them at 435-229-8594 to schedule your appointment.
Our gates were built by Artistic Designs. They were great to work with and will build a gate to any design. The latches to the gates showed some cracks after a few years and they came out and rewelded all areas that needed attention and did not charge us anything. You can contact them at 435-674-7052 or 435-619-4179.
If you need a plumber, I recommend Spencer Brinkerhoof at 435-862-1091. Reliable and knowledgable.
We recently had a great experience with T’s Heating and Cooling. We had problems with our air conditioner since 2011. Apparently there was a slow leak of Freon and Tristan Dutton found the leak after several other companies failed. He was reasonable and efficient. His phone number is 435-619-0211
I would like to recommend Just-in-Time Moving Services LLC to anyone who needs help moving, or who just needs a small job like a delivery or pick up of something heavy etc. We have used them on two separate occasions and they are professional, careful and reasonable. Call Justin @ 435-862-3080 or Miranda @ 435-256-1817.
Honest and reasonable mechanic. Works on all vehicles, ATV's & RV’s. Safety inspections. Pick up, drop off, & towing services.
Wrenches Garage, 435-627-8866, 696 S. 5300 West # 12, Hurricane, Utah 84737
Located just south of the DMV in the Quail Creek Industrial Park.
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Wrenches-Garage-677667805614163/
Landscape- Chris Moore (435)-632-2811. When you call, he answers or calls you back. He finished the work we had done within budget, and under the quoted time. Took the time to meet at Star to look at plants and matched the new landscape in the backyard with that of the front. Chris made contact each day of the project to share completed items and next steps.
Handyman- Mike Shafer (435)-619-0909. Very responsive, he came the very next day to give us an estimate. He called before coming to complete job. Clean worker and reasonable price. Along with his brother can do almost any job.